[VoiceOps] Repeated Porting Attempts

Mike Hammett voiceops at ics-il.net
Thu Oct 19 13:46:15 EDT 2023

My assumption is that I have to just put up with it.

I have a customer that, per Facebook chatter, is closing up shop. We got a port out request from a local competitor.
I forget the reasoning, but we called the customer to verify and they confirmed.
Then it was canceled. The other carrier said a port would come via Inteliquent.
Then we get a port from Neustar with Inteliquent's OCN.
Then it was canceled.
Then we got another request.
Then it was canceled.
Then we got another request.

This has all happened in the past week. I'm assuming I just have to bear with whomever is doing whatever on the remote side? Acknowledge each request, chewing up time?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com