[VoiceOps] Voice Peering

Ross Tajvar ross at tajvar.io
Tue Oct 24 17:38:14 EDT 2023

We need BGP for VoIP! Wait no that's worse... /s

Jokes aside, my understanding of the way people do VoIP routing for private
peer interconnection is by looking up the OCN at call time and routing on
that. That way you don't have to worry about verifying individual numbers,
or keeping routing/ownership information up to date, or a myriad of other
things.

I can think of a few ways that could be adapted into a platform more like
an Internet exchange, but as others have said, it just doesn't seem worth
it.