[VoiceOps] Request to block number?

Mark R Lindsey, ECG lindsey at e-c-group.com
Wed Sep 20 14:07:46 EDT 2023

Why do we assume the caller has the right to place calls from the number
he’s using?

If you can call him back and reach him at the number from which he is
calling, then I would have a stronger reason to believe that he actually
has the right place calls from that number.

But in the absence of good evidence that he has right to place calls from
that number, this sounds like an attempt to get your assistance to prevent
a different person from being able to place calls. I would make a complaint
to your state attorney general office; that’s where most of the Telecom
fraud and scam investigations are occurring in the USA. If there is
anything at all that has been said that was misleading, or the caller
doesn’t have the right to call from that number, that could qualify as
criminal fraud.