[VoiceOps] CLID weirdness

Dave Brockman dave at brockmans.com
Thu Sep 21 18:49:46 EDT 2023

On 9/21/2023 6:34 PM, Carlos Alvarez via VoiceOps wrote:
> Let me make sure I read this correctly.  You can send any CLID and it
> works, except if you send one specific number it comes up as private?
> Or did I misread it?

I can send the CLID of any DID on the SIP trunk, and it works, except
the one DID in question that comes up as private.  I cannot set CLID to
any arbitrary value, $LocalTeleco drops the call if I present a CLID not
assigned to the client's SIP trunk.

> In 3CX, I assume you are you setting the problem CLID at the extension
> level, right?  And the main CLID for the system is the company’s mail
> number?  Have you tried setting the problem CLID in the main settings to
> see what happens?

The Trunk CLID is set to the main (problem) DID.  This is the default
unless overridden at the extension or outbound route.  For my tests, I
have a singular extension that I set to different DIDs (including the
main) and/or send the Trunk default.  Same results either way.  Main DID
comes across as private, other DIDs come across correct.

> The MCI line *probably* uses ANI, which cannot be blocked, not CLID.

I had some suspicion, but am not knowledgeable enough about ANI/CLID to
make any assumptions.

Did that answer your questions?

With Gratitude,

Dave Brockman