[VoiceOps] Scam Caller - course of action for service provider?

Christopher Aloi ctaloi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 08:58:22 EDT 2023

Hey All,

We have a customer who came on board and used our hosted phone service.
They made it through our "know your customer process" by
misrepresenting themselves.  They were actually referred by another
customer.  24 hours into their service with us one of our carriers flagged
their calls.  I started digging into their traffic and learned they are
running a scam to convince elderly folks to give up their credit card
information.  It makes me sick to think this was on my network.  I have
obviously terminated their service.  I would like to take this to the
authorities.  I have call recordings and KYC information.  Thoughts on
where to start?

Chris