[VoiceOps] Scam Caller - course of action for service provider?

Mark R Lindsey lindsey at e-c-group.com
Tue Sep 26 09:03:37 EDT 2023

Chris, good work chasing it down.

Report it to your state Attorney General,
the FTC: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/
And the FCC: https://fcc.gov/complaints

State Attorney Generals prosecute fraud cases regularly. They're the most active in the fight against these scams.

The FTC might already be working on a case against them. They file state lawsuits directly.

The FCC has much less power; they can issue a notice to block traffic from a service provider, but this has little effect on a scammer who's just moving from service provider to service provider.

Mark R Lindsey | +1-229-316-0013 | mrl at ecg.co | Schedule a Meeting <https://ecg.co/lindsey/schedule> | Newsletter <https://www.linkedin.com/newsletters/mark-lindsey-voice-7021614437413330944/>