[VoiceOps] Fax

Mark Wiater mark.wiater at greybeam.com
Fri Apr 19 12:12:50 EDT 2024

I can echo, that the ATA matters. But so does the configuration of the
faxing device (14400 Baud and ECM on), the switches that the calls go
through, the configuation of the network equipment and the quality of
the internet connection, even the cable type connecting the ATA and the
fax device sometimes.

I have excellent faxing history with Cisco ATA-191's using G.711 (but
not T.38 with the softswitch I use predominantly) and a client network
with well configured QOS enabled firewalls.

It's not logical to me, but I've even seen instances where using a 2
conductor cable from fax to ata improved communication over a 4
conductor cable.

Nathan and Ross covered other great points as well.

Mark