[VoiceOps] Nortel Equipment

Brandon Martin lists.voiceops at monmotha.net
Mon Feb 26 23:14:41 EST 2024

On 2/26/24 16:34, Ronald Loneker via VoiceOps wrote:

> Not sure where to find a home for this, but we still have our old Nortel
> Meridian PBX system we moved off of in 2016.
>
> Not sure if there's a market for this or a recycler who would take it so
> I'm reaching out to see if anyone on this list might have ideas that I
> can present to our administration..
>
> We still have components hanging in IDF closets as well.

The line/interface cards are still used by the slightly more modern IP
core systems from Avaya.  I see them in hotels somewhat frequently.  As
was recently noted in another thread, hotels are stuck running phones by
rule even though they really would probably rather not do so.  They're
probably not going to want digital tributary boards, but if you have
analog FXS boards, those folks are always looking for replacements for
the inevitable failures of this 25+ year old equipment.  I'm sure
there's at least some market for them.  They may even be worth more than
it costs to ship them to a reseller.

--
Brandon Martin