[VoiceOps] Creating Porting SVs

Mike Hammett voiceops at ics-il.net
Thu Feb 29 13:35:40 EST 2024

Please correct me if my new position is wrong.

I believe we weren't creating SVs properly. We created SVs for port-ins only. We did that and that alone and ports in and out worked.

We had someone ask us for concurrence. What's that? Digging through the Neustar SOA documentation and what I took away from it is that the port outs were successful because we didn't create conflicting SVs. They worked because we didn't do anything at all, so the system then fell back to timeouts in approving the ports.

We should be creating port out SVs to A) protect against bad port outs and B) to do so in a scheduled fashion. Right?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com