[VoiceOps] KYC Verification

Calvin E. calvine at gmail.com
Thu Feb 29 13:44:20 EST 2024

Hey fellow voice operators,

I'm looking for a KYC verification service, any recommendations?

Assuming I ever win the "signup friction" argument and actually collect
things like name and address, how can we attempt to validate the data
provided? Is it even worthwhile, now that there are services to create
online personas?

A complication here is that it's an extra telephone number privacy service,
and blocking VPN users is becoming another  point of "signup friction". Any
KYC solution we implement won't be able to assume anything from GeoIP
lookup. For example, one of our North America subscribers had no idea their
VPN service was reaching us from Saudi Arabia and Armenia.

A further complication is free users that don't provide any billing
information.

What's the minimum and maximum effort others are putting in to filter out
the Donald Ducks and Scooby-Doos?