[VoiceOps] NRUF 502

Mary Lou Carey marylou at backuptelecom.com
Wed Jan 24 13:44:28 EST 2024

The NRUF is for forecasting the demand for 1K and 10K NXX blocks, so the
original carrier is the one that reports on the usage (anything ported
out is considered assigned). It tells NANPA when they can anticipate
having to do an overlay or add a new area code.

As I mentioned, it would make sense for the RND database to track ported
numbers because they often get lost when the customer disconnects.
However, my understanding of the purpose of the RND database is to
protect marketing companies from being fined when they call a number
that is no longer on the "do not call list" because it changed owners.

NPAC produces reports for various purposes, but in this instance, it's
just the system used to release ported TNs.

MARY LOU CAREY
BackUP Telecom Consulting
Office: 615-791-9969
Cell: 615-796-1111