[VoiceOps] One Way Audio - Frontier Comm (Los Angeles area)

Jim Rodgers jrodgers at telexent.com
Thu Mar 7 12:16:23 EST 2024

Beginning early yesterday, we're seeing dropped voice rtp traffic to some
of our business customers in the Los Angeles metro area on Frontier Comm
broadband fiber. The voice udp stream is leaving our data center and never
making it to the Frontier fiber customer. It's not all of our customers,
only random ones. We've sniffed the traffic on our side and see the voice
rtp stream leave our data center but then sniffing on our customer's side
the traffic never arrives (multiple Frontier fiber customers with this
issue, not just one).

Switching the customer over to an alternate Internet connection resolves
the issue.

Frontier frontline customer support doesn’t get it and they just want to
roll a tech out for an issue that’s deeper inside their network.

We have packet captures of both sides (our DC and your customer) showing
the voice rtp stream leaving our DC and never showing up at the fiber
customer.

This doesn’t seem to be affecting every fiber customer in the Frontier
footprint, it just seems to be random customers.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any thoughts on who to contact on the
Frontier side to get it resolved and/or get some eyes on it?

Thanks for the help.

Jim