[VoiceOps] [EXTERNAL] Re: One Way Audio - Frontier Comm (Los Angeles area)

Hiers, David David.Hiers at cdk.com
Fri Mar 8 08:49:09 EST 2024

Well... yeah, kinda-sometimes maybe.

If any network device has any code that is SIP/RTP aware, that code can be poorly configured or make a mistake.  Hiding SIP/RTP inside anything else is one way to avoid being seen by bad configs or buggy code.

A VPN can't prevent backhoe drivers from digging up your fiber, but it can maybe prevent keyboard drivers from munging your packets.

It's not a guaranteed fix, but it is one more RFC-3093-ish card you can play that might help in some scenarios.

David