[VoiceOps] One Way Audio - Frontier Comm (Los Angeles area)

Glen Gerhard glen at cognexus.net
Mon Mar 11 10:04:59 EDT 2024

Hi Mike,

I think you said that any ICMP packets would be noticed, do you monitor
the gateway connections as well?

I've seen some devices that send out relatively small TTL values and it
can result in one way audio that is customer path specific. As mentioned
before SIP/TLS is not a true VPN and the audio UDP will be hop counted
across the Frontier network. They should send back an ICMP message when
they droop the packet.

Just one more thing to check.  Good luck.

~Glen