[VoiceOps] One Way Audio - Frontier Comm (Los Angeles area)

Jeff Brower jbrower at signalogic.com
Mon Mar 11 13:18:30 EDT 2024

  Hi Nathan-

> In short, I have a hard time believing that MTU issues are the underlying
> cause for many (or even any) VoIP audio delivery problems

Only if it was encapsulated over some form of TCP.

> VoIP audio streams other than PCMU-encoded ones, so perhaps it's
> possible other codecs are different

It might be worth checking for EVS, which has a lot of SDP options.
We've seen some endpoints (handsets) that stop encoding because they
didn't understand SDP asks from the receiver. Basically bugs, they get
fixed over time, but since EVS is newer and still in adoption phase,
that time is stretched out.

-Jeff