RE: [nsp] VPN help

From: Mati Gil (mgil@servicom2000.com)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 09:18:53 EDT

Hello,
I tested it long time ago.
I did the test using Digitals Certificates from Microsoft
(http://sectestca2.rte.microsoft.com/certsrv/). I followed Cisco tip
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/Win_client.html. It worked as expected,
but in a production environment you would need your own PKI or buying
certificates.

You can also try with preshared-keys as explained in
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/vpn3k_l2tp.html . I haven't tested this
configuration because I've found lot of limitations to use preshared-keys.
It can be done but you'll see that Microsoft says "Microsoft does not
support preshared key for L2TP/IPSec VPN clients", it does for
gateway-to-gateway tunnels.

Regards,
Mati