[nsp] REG: BGP Attributes

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@dsqworld.com)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 08:38:48 EST

Hi All,

A couple of questions on BGP attributes.

Assuming I have three upstream connections to two different service
providers on three different physical routers located in seperate
geographic locations in my network, which are interconnected through IBGP.
Assuming that I have a single connection to Provider A, & dual connections
to Service provider B. Now for a particular prefix, If I set a local
preference of 200 for routes recieved on both links connected to Provider
B, & a local preference of 100 for all other routes recieved on all the
three circuits, How will the path selection happen for packets destined to
the prefix which has the local preference set to 200, Since two circuits
have been configured to set the local preference to 200 for a particular
prefix.

If I am announcing both an aggregate & a specific route to an upstream
ISP, & If I need to restrict the ISP from further announcing the specific
route to any of his connected peers, because of reasons which would effect
the incoming traffic to my network, How do I achieved this.

Kindly advice,

With warm regards,
Vinod.