RE: [nsp] Requesting comments on 7401 pricing

From: Siva Valliappan (svalliap@cisco.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 14:34:22 EDT

> cheaper than a 7206vxr/nse-1, which is good if all you need is one PA slot
> for OC3-POS plus a GigE for the backhaul).
>
> is there a definitive list of what PXF "speeds up"? (and breaks? :)

the list has already been pointed out in other threads :)
and it keeps changing, as we microcode new features for PXF.

if you are running into a PXF bug, and want to disable PXF acceleration
the command is:

conf t
no ip pxf
end

this will turn your NSE-1 or 7400 into a plain vanilla NPE-type
forwarding.

cheers
.siva