Re: [nsp] Frame Relay Congestion management

From: Bill Woodcock (woody@zocalo.net)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 16:01:07 EDT

> We are seeing above 2% discards on the hub end for outgoing packets
> out of each T1 interface. We do not have any Frame traffic shaping, or QOS
> enabled yet in the infrastructure.

You get that you're not going to be able to reduce that number using QoS,
just increase it, right? To reduce that number, you either need to add
buffer, which will not have the effect you want if you're trying to run
video since it will increase jitter, or you need to upgrade from a bunch
of DS1 ports at your hub to a DS3 port at your hub. I'd strongly
recommend doing that.

                                -Bill