[nsp] GRE Tunneling for CLNP/LAPD

From: Sam Ford (samskford@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 12:16:00 EDT

Hello,

Is GRE Tunneling for OSI CLNP/LAPD,
through IP network, supported by Cisco Routers?
If yes, how many such GRE Tunnels are supported
simultaneously?

I'm wondering whether there's a Cisco Router
which can relay CLNP packets between
CLNP GRE Tunnel over IP
and CLNP/LLC1/Ethernet.
It would be ideal if Cisco Router can run
OSI (not IP) ES-IS/IS-IS for over both the
CLNP GRE Tunnel over IP and CLNP/LLC1/Ethernet side.

I'm trying to achieve something like:

CLNP/LAPD network - [My box] - IP (LAN) - Cisco Router
- CLNP/LLC1 (LAN) - NMS

For standard way, I need to run IS-IS/ES-IS in [my
box].
But, if Cisco Router has the capability to run IS-IS
over CLNP GRE over IP,
and run ES-IS over CLNP/LLC1 (LAN), then my box
doesn't have to run OSI IS-IS/ES-IS Routing.
Instead, I just need to terminate LAPD and provide
GRE encapsulation for CLNP over IP towards Cisco
Router.

I would appreciate if anyone can clarify whether
there's any Cisco Router which can do this.
Thanks in advance,
-SF