Re: [nsp] OSPF to customers

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 04:40:32 EST

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 08:37:14PM -0500, Lee Waskevich wrote:
> Just curious if anyone out there as a service provider is running OSPF with
> Customer routers who have multiple connections to the same provider, but
> these connections are such (over multiple mediums) that a weighted static
> route will not work. Since the protocol has to die for the other route to
> pick up. Pleae let me know any examples (Areas used--stub or such) and/or
> concerns, warnings. Thanks

We do this, but not with OSPF, but EIGRP instead. I use a separate EIGRP
process that is heavily filtered ("on this interface, only *this* route
may be learned") - which is hard to do with OSPF.

Others use BGP to achieve the same result, BGP being used due to easy
filtering.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de