OSPF: Performance benchmarking

From: Manral, Vishwas (VishwasM@netplane.com)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 06:26:58 EDT

Hi folks,
I was going thru the IRTF archives. I saw "routing convergence, stability
and scalability" as one of the topics to be discussed on this list.(
http://puck.nether.net/lists/irtf-rr/0118.html )
The question may not fall in the perview of the list, however i guess this
is one forum where I can get appropriate information. I would like to know
whether there are any standard ways to benchmark IGP performace (which
includes the above three), I am interested in OSPF specifically.
By the way I have gone thru Chengiz draft on convergence.
Thanks a lot,
Vishwas