Re: requirements sub-group draft

From: Andrew Partan (asp@partan.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 11:57:22 EST

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 08:18:44AM -0800, Yakov Rekhter wrote:
> I understand that there may be a difference of opinions on whether
> the split is inevitable or not. So, perhaps we should just say that
> there is a difference of opinions on this topic.

If there is a split, then I don't want this to limit me two one
abstraction boundary in the entire system. We need >>2 boundaries.

Now I could see some system where there are two types of routing
protocols. One for dealing with stuff that is purely local to one
abstraction (e.g.: the stuff that I need to know to get from lo0
on one router to lo0 on another router) and one that deals with
stuff that is potentially leakable either up or down across
abstraction boundaries.
        --asp