Re: Wither irtf-rr

From: Sean Doran (smd@ebone.net)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 20:27:39 EST

| I don't know if this this is the right thing to do,
| but think there is a colleciton of people on this list who feel
| the urge to do something, but don't quite have it together to
| actually get started. and it would be really cool to actually
| have docs to talk about at the next ietf.

Avri -

  By all means, if there is work done outside the formal structure
of this RG, it can be floated on the open irtf-rr mailing list. By anyone.
If there is enough interest, we can certainly ask the IETF secretariat
politely for space & time at an IETF conference to discuss any such
work in an open RG meeting.

  If it is something that turns out should become published by
the RG, it may be "adopted" in some currently unknown fashion, and
go through appropriate formal IRTF processes. I would rather not
lay down rules on that until we face this kind of situation, although
please don't take this as an attempt to discourage you from putting
us into that position by writing something cool.

        Sean.