Re: Evolution and the routing architecture

From: Alex Zinin (azinin@nexsi.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 20:50:36 EDT

Friday, April 5, 2002, 6:47:37 AM, RJ Atkinson wrote:

> And maybe the Routing ADs can clarify whether they object to folks
> undertaking normal evolutionary work inside the IETF Routing Area ?

I think what matters more here is not whether the work is evolutionary
or revolutionary, but whether the technology is mature enough to
start the engineering (IETF) part and whether there's enough interest
within the IETF community to actually do this. My understanding is that
both of these questions can answered by the BOF procedure.

Alex