[cisco-voip] Cisco CCM/gateway router trunk to Avaya - Designing and merging issues.

Kristján Ólafur Eðvarðsson kristjan at sensa.is
Tue Mar 1 12:30:25 EST 2005

Hello,

Has anyone had technical exprience connecting a CCM solution to Avaya IP ?

The Solution is in its designing stages and I´m gathering info.
The info I now got regarding the Avaya IP solution currently in use is
Like this:

CPU-X1000  16:16:07  17/02/05
INDeX 10.1    ENGLAND
Directory :  616/10000
User      :  470/1500
Group     : 1187/4500
Linecard  :   17/35

The Plan is to merge to a CCM solution from the Avaya one
Or at least connect them together via either some ip trunking protocol or
PRI interfaces.

The Avaya already has 2 PRI interfaces configured. One to PSTN.
I'm planning to set up CCM 4x server and a Cisco pstn gateway with PRI interface
But probably it will be located in another building away from the Avaya station.

So I´m gathering info here. The Avaya webpage didn't give me much technically.
Does anyone know which IP protocols it support and how it interoperates with Cisco ?
For example does it support SIP or H.323 trunking ?

Any info highly appreciated.

Regards. Kristjan Edvardsson
CCNP
Sensa ehf. Iceland