[cisco-voip] Demo Versions..and home lab setup

Marc Hering mhering at reval.com
Thu Mar 10 10:01:49 EST 2005

Hey Guys,
I just managed to get my hands on 2 7960's for my home lab and I had a
few questions..
If I wanted to run Call manager at home for testing purposes (Learning
etc) is there a way to get CCM 4.x to load on a Non MCS server?  (I have
a HP Netserver PIII at home with 2 gig of Ram, more then sufficent for a
2 phone setup and I am trying to get another one so I can cluster it)
Is there a "Demo" version of CCM that perhaps is restriced to under 2
phones?  I already have a demo unity license.   Again, this is all for
home and is for learning purposes..I am planning to break stuff
intentionally with this....

I either have, or am in the process of aquiring the following.

2 7960's
1 Netserver (For CCM)
1 1760-V router with PRI card and 2 FXO cards (FXO will hook to PSTN,
PRI will go to Lucent system with another POTS to PSTN)
1 Lucent Partner system (PRI Card enabled) W/ voice mail (2 phones)
1 Dell Server (for unity)
1 Catalyst 2924 Switch
2 Power bricks for the phones
1 PIX 501 (Cause I gotta have it! :) )

Is there anything else you guys can reccommend I obtain for my home lab?
(Unfortunatly, since this is coming out of my own pocket, money is a
barrier ..so I am trying to go the inexpensive route here......

Thanks in advance!!!