[cisco-voip] Call Forwarding Issues

Markus Wittmer wittmer at switch.ch
Thu Mar 10 10:48:12 EST 2005

> Is it local or long distance?
Every call from/to outside --> provider

> Do you have 7D and 10D dialing?
10D

> What type of gateway do you have and is it MGCP or h323?
H.323

> What info is there on the Gateways Outbound Calls?
Config Gateway (VG200):

dial-peer voice 400 voip
 preference 10
 destination-pattern 4..
 translate-outgoing calling 1
 voice-class codec 1
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 ip qos dscp cs5 media
 no vad

> Do you use Calling Party Transform Mask or mask at each line?
see below

I made the following changes in the CCM:

a) H.323 Gateway
Calling party presentation: Allowed
Calling Pary Selection: Originator

b) Service Paramaters
Service -> Service parameters -> Call Manager advanced
Service Parameter:
Retain forward information to "true"
Calling Party Number Screening Indicator: Calling Number screened and passed

c) Line configuration (user) External phone mask at each line

d) Route pattern
Route pattern configuration: 'Use Calling Party's External Phone Number
Mask' is activated

Thanks for any tips/help.

----
Markus