[cisco-voip] RTMT DB error - resolved

Mike Armstrong mfa at crec.ifas.ufl.edu
Mon Mar 21 11:37:11 EST 2005

Problem went away following upgrade to OS 2000.2.7SR2 and 4.1(2)SR1.  There
may have been a SQL problem that wasn't obvious during normal operations.
During the 4.1(2)SR1 upgrade, the install failed on the first attempt:

11:33:28: Critical Error - Replication is in a failure status.  Current
Reported Status is: At least one agent-implementing job has failed to
execute successfully

I deleted the Subscriber subscription and recreated it, following the [new?]
rules presented by the SQL Enterprise Manager.  Then SR1 liked it,

11:47:29: Pre-Upgrade Database Check Successful*****

and the SR1 installation ran to completion.  Enterprise Manager complained
about 2 things when I recreated the subscription:

1) It wouldn't allow sa authentication (our (upgraded from 3.3) Publisher
used sa), so I switched to Microsoft.
2) Both the Publisher and Subscriber referred to themselves as (local) in
the SQL Enterprise Manager, but when I tried to re-establish the
subscription
and replication, the Enterprise Manager insisted that the servers' names be
used.

Comments welcome...

mike