[cisco-voip] 3750 switch, DISABLES port when ipphone gets unplugged

Anthony Kouloglou akoul at dataways.gr
Tue Mar 22 02:21:37 EST 2005

Hi all,
    i have i very serious problem in one of fresh ip telephony implementations: when i reset the phone everything seems to work fine. But when the phone gets unplugged (the power cord) the port of the switch on which the phone is attached goes down and only through command line the problem is fixed (i give a "no shut" command in the interface). I cannot fix the problem through the CMS, since when i give enable the port does not get enabled!!
    I have tried to change the IOS but the same thing happened so i guess it is something else.
DOES anyone has a clue of what is going on? The customer is going crazy with that cisco bizzare thing!! He wants to replace them with 3COM switches and i don't know what to tell him!!

P.S. The same thing with port disabling is happening when an attached laptop for example goes in suspend mode!! When you logged back, the port is disabled!!

Thanks,
Anthony