[cisco-voip] 3750 switch, DISABLES port when ipphone gets unplugged

Anthony Kouloglou akoul at dataways.gr
Tue Mar 22 04:35:43 EST 2005

Anthony,
i found out that due to loopback detected (!!!) the errdisable function
disables the port (the default timer is 5minutes to bring it up again!!). I
set it to the minimum (30secs) and at leeat it is working pretty quickly.
 The question is why does the switch considers that there is  a loopback,
when the ipphone is suddently unplugged from the power (the error log says
"collisions exceeded threshold".
    Keep in mind that with 7960 there is no problem!! Only with 7905 or 7902
it is happening!!

Cheers,
Anthony