[cisco-voip] 7 digit vs 10 digit on ISDN?

King, Jesse JKing at thegranitegroup.com
Tue Mar 22 12:39:14 EST 2005

Okay -

If I dial 1+areacode+prefix+number the call goes through.
If I dial prefix+number (7 digits) I get an error when debugging ISDN
q931

        Called Party Number i = 0xA1, 'XXXXXXX'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:National
Mar 22 12:36:42: ISDN Se4/0:23 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref
= 0x8005
        Cause i = 0x809C - Invalid number format (incomplete number)

Is this a problem on my end with my route pattern? or my providers end
not excepting 7 digits? I can see that the call goes to my provider
through this debug, and then gets rejected.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Jesse