[cisco-voip] Another MOH Question

Mike Newell mnewell at spottydogs.org
Mon Mar 28 16:16:11 EST 2005

If tone on hold is a problem (it is for us) turn it off.  Go to
Service>Serice Parameters.  Select your the server and service "Cisco
CallManger".  Click on the "Advanced" button and look for "Tone".  Set it
to an interval you don't find annoying - we like "0".  Update.

We had lots of complaints about Music on Hold because we do a lot of
teleconferences, and when people went on hold it was driving the other
participants batty.  So we disabled MoH only to find that if MoH is
disabled the system falls back to ToH.  It took forever to figure out how
to get rid of ToH... :-)

Mike