[cisco-voip] Mcafee 8.0 and CM CSA Conflict - McShield service terminating

Erick Bergquist erickbe at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 01:08:25 EDT 2006

It looks like applying patch 11 for Mcafee virusscan 8.0i enterprise clears this issue up, at least in this instance.

I tried to duplicate the issue on some lab servers with various mcafee versions and CSA and was unable to. Had customer update to patch 11 version - they were on patch 1, and I have not been able to recreate the issue. Before updating, I could recreate the errors and service crash by just stopping and starting the Mcshield service with CSA already started and it would have issues below each time.