[cisco-voip] 7912 IP Phone

Sechaba Mokoena SechabaM at kss.co.za
Thu Jun 1 05:48:11 EDT 2006

To Whom It May Concern:

Does anyone know how to completely erase the configuration of a 7912 IP
Phone? I've noticed that if you move a 7912 from one Call Manager to
another the phone retains the IP address of the last Call Manager that
it registered with. I've also noticed that if you log into the phone
using Extension Mobility, it doesn't change the DN immediately; instead
the phone resets, and tries to register with the last Call Manager that
it registered with first. When the phone doesn't find the former Call
Manager it then registers with the new one. Is this common for this
particular model?

Regards,

Sechaba Mokoena | Systems Engineer

KSS Technologies (Pty) LTD.

KSS Convergence - Doing more with less

(IP Phone) +27 11 5456300|(IP Phonedirect) | +27 11 5456331| Fax)+27 11
545 6400| Mobile +27 84 798 6803 |

(e-mail)sechabam at kss.co.za

(website)http://www.kss.co.za <blocked::http://www.kss.co.za>

Block N, Central Park, 400 16th Road, Randjespark, Midrand, South Africa

Toll Free Support: 0861 6428 35

This message, including any attachments is intended only for
the persons or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain privileged or confidential information. Retransmission,
dissemination, copying, distribution, modification and / or
publication of this message by a person other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited by the sender. If you have
received this message in error, or you feel it is unacceptable
communication, a chain letter or offensive material of any nature,
please delete the material and any copies from all systems and
report it to:

info at kss.co.za