[cisco-voip] Need BugID for MoH issue... workaround included

Kevin Thorngren kthorngr at cisco.com
Thu Jun 1 07:56:47 EDT 2006

Hi Jonathan,

I did not find any BugIDs for this issue.  I just tried it with both
4.1(3) running on 2000.2.7sr5 and 4.2(1) with 2000.4.2sr3.  It worked
fine in both clusters.  Are the servers in a Domain?

Could it be that steps similar to what is described in the below DDTS
were used?

CSCec36827 - Need CCM tool to reset file/folder permissions back to
defaults
Symptom:

CallManager services stop operating correctly after making permissions
changes on files/folders.

Condition:

This problem may occur after manually changing file/folder permissions
on the C:\Program Files
folder and selecting to "Reset permissions on all child objects and
enable propagation of
inheritable permissions."

This essentially removes all of the permissions given to CCMCDR,
CCMEML, CCMService, CCMServiceRW,
and CCMUser on the C:\Program Files\Cisco folder.

This bug was opened to request that a new tool be developed so that the
file/folder permissions
can be easily restored to their defaults.

Workaround:

Manually give CCMCDR, CCMEML, CCMService, CCMServiceRW, and CCMUser
read, write, and modify
permissions to the C:\Program Files\Cisco folder.

WARNING:  Be very careful when making permissions changes to
files\folders on a CallManager server.
           Contact Cisco TAC before making such changes.

If you can still recreate the issue then it might be best to open a TAC
case and provide remote access so the problem can be investigated.

Kevin