[cisco-voip] VT Advantage on an MCU

IT it at cimgroup.com
Mon Jun 5 15:01:13 EDT 2006

I am looking for a video conference solution that will allow me to get
VTA users into my video conferences. A few months back, I tried out the
IPVC 3511 and a few Sony PCS-1's loaded with SCCP.  However, that test
was a failure, since the IPVC only showed one site at a time (based on
who was talking). This was entirely unacceptable, and I was told I would
need the 3540 to get the "brady bunch" effect, so I returned the 3511.
Now I am leaning towards the H.323 only video world. I am reloading all
the PCS-1's to H.323 firmware, and purchasing a sony h323 mcu software
upgrade for one of them. Using this configuration, sony has told me that
I will be able to have a 5-camera conference without a problem,
including the grid layout on-screen. That being said, I know that there
is a huge downside to this setup, none of my VTA users will be able to
join, correct?  Does anyone know of a way to get VT advantages to call
in to a h323 video conference hosted by a h323 mcu?

Any advice is truly appreciated.

Thanks,

Avidan