[cisco-voip] Basic VOIP Setup Needs

pwalenta at wi.rr.com pwalenta at wi.rr.com
Tue Jun 27 07:38:25 EDT 2006

It's been a while since I've done Avaya, but I do remember a few things.

The phones support 802.1q trunking/VLAN setup.

They require some configuration in DHCP to work.

Complete documentation on how to setup an Avaya phone can be found here:

http://support.avaya.com/elmodocs2/ip_phones/r2_4/output/index.html

That link can answer all of your questions in detail.  Avaya used to
have a configuration paper on how to do this, but I cannot seem to
locate it now.