[cisco-voip] Berbee, multicast etc..

Jim McBurnett jim at tgasolutions.com
Sat Mar 4 12:17:07 EST 2006

I know there is a Berbee list, but I have a question..

If Berbee can send a page from a phone in the same subnet the Berbee
server is sitting in but can't send that page to a remote routed segment
when the Phone in the remote segment initiates the page.  What could the
cause be?

Situation 1:
	Phone IP a.b.c.200
	Berbee server a.b.c.102
	Phone initiates a page and it pages and live audio comes out on
phones on a routed Frame site on w.x.y.z /24 segment

Situation 2:
	Phone IP w.x.y.30
	Berbee Server a.b.c.102
	Phone initiates a page and all the berbee tones come out on the
speakers at w.x.y.z location.
		BUT live audio paging does not.

All routers are displaying the multicast route to the berbee server.

Ideas anyone?

Jim