[cisco-voip] Cisco Unity Import Tool

Adam Blomfield adman at adman.net
Fri Mar 10 14:19:20 EST 2006

For quite some time now I have experienced problems with the import
subscriber utility in /saweb due to timeout issues when querying AD,
but to get around this we have used the Bulk Import Tool, which works
fine except for one problem. When we run the Bulk Import tool it
changes the names and display names of certain users. For example we
have some users who get changed from "Last, First" as display name to
"First Last". We also have one person, who happens to be a Director,
who recently got married and changed her name. Whenever CUBI runs it
changes her back to her old name. Does anyone have any suggestions as
to what might be causing this and how to get around it? This is on a
Unity 4.0(3) system.

Thanks,
Adam