[cisco-voip] T2 or E1?

David Stanaway dlenrek at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 02:09:25 EST 2006

Heh, that is nuts. Almost as bad as the SunOS version number rolling back
when they start calling it Solaris eg: SunOS 5.4 = Solaris 2.4, but then
SunOS 5.10 = Solaris 10 (Well it is actually probably worse, but for the
fact that Sun perpetuated and altered it). Speaking of T2s, is it possible
that the CT3 hardware can be configured to encapsulate channelized E1s, or
is there some hardware limitation that it can only support T1s. The
difference is in the format of the T2 layer isn't it? I mean there are MUXes
out there where it is just a config switch between channelised T1s and
channelised E1s, and then 1 out of 4 of the T1/E1 ports are disabled.