[cisco-voip] CDR report

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 07:57:59 EST 2006

We route 911 and 9.911 also. We include that as part of training when we
install IP sets, and I also remind all the contact folks once a month in our
maintenance notice. We also stress that even if they dont mean to call it,
to stay on the line and let the dispatcher know they arent having an
emergency. We still get some hang ups to 911 though, i'm not sure what else
to do about it - management doesnt want us changing the dial patterns.

The message about connecting to emergency services is a good idea.

On 3/29/06, Pritchard, Jon <Jon_Pritchard at adp.com> wrote:

>  We limit to 9.911 for many of our customers and in states where it's
> required (like California) we label th phones.
>

> Some customers opt for an outdial code of 8 instead of 9.  That helps a
> lot.
>

> Jon

Ed Leatherman
IP Telephony Coordinator
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations