[cisco-voip] Providing phone service in Mumbai and Johannesburg

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Mon Jul 16 12:51:26 EDT 2007

Matthew Saskin wrote:
> I should clarify - in both of my previous examples there were quite a
> bit of calls traversing the WAN, hence the quality reference.
>
> If you have local dial-tone in all these cases, I have yet to see any
> issues in my experience other than the aformentioned delayed dial tone -
> all sites are totally usable with local dial being provided.

Yes, I'll be providing local dial tone at each site; as far as legally,
I remember that India used to be a big deal with telecomms, going so far
as to "two phones on the desk".  I read a white paper on cisco.com
talking about how they managed to do away with that, but since we're not
a multi-billion dollar organization, I don't know that _we'd_ be allowed
to just have a single phone on the desk.  Anyone know for sure what the
landscape out there looks like now?