[cisco-voip] SRST automatically set to G.729 CODEC instead of G.711

Perera, Manoj (GE, Corporate) manoj.perera at ge.com
Tue Apr 15 11:41:12 EDT 2008

Hi All,
We have SRST router configured at remote site which has PVDM2-8 for 4
BRI lines. This should support 8 simultaneous call when use G.711 codec.
At call manager side we have separate device pool for this site with
region codec G.711. All PSTN call from branch office go directly out
from SRST router BRI interfaces. The issue is Calls to PSTN from branch
office use G.729 instead of G.711 and number of simultaneous call drop
to 5 calls as it use G.729. When we use SRST router to use G.711,
simultaneous calls increases to 8 calls but MOH stop functioning. Has
anyone had experience this kind of problem? Any information would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
MK