[cisco-voip] Need a Intercom/Paging solution.

Ted Gibson telepresence at mail.com
Fri Aug 1 17:02:52 EDT 2008

or you could buy a Valcom VIP-800 VoIP to paging with a AT186 Valcom
Network Audio Port - Unmanaged enables voice access over an IP-based
LAN/WAN. Others will allow page zone extensions anywhere else on the
network.

Features:

  * No server required

  * Two digit dial plan

  * No dial/auto destination

  * Easy windows based setup

  * Background music input

  * Contact closure out during page

  * 600 Ohm supervised page port

  * Can be activated with contact closure during voice input

  * Applications:

      * VoIP remote paging systems; self-amplified & 70 Volt

      * Expand Valcom Paging Via LAN/WAN to new areas or other buildings

  * Output:

  *

      * Analog Output Interface-

      * 32 Ohm impedance

      * Frequency response: 200 Hz - 3400 Hz

      * Relay closure

  an IP-based LAN/WAN. Others will allow page zone extensions anywhere
  else on the network.

  Features:

    * No server required

    * Two digit dial plan

    * No dial/auto destination

    * Easy windows based setup

    * Background music input

    * Contact closure out during page

    * 600 Ohm supervised page port

    * Can be activated with contact closure during voice input

    * Applications:

        * VoIP remote paging systems; self-amplified & 70 Volt

        * Expand Valcom Paging Via LAN/WAN to new areas or other
          buildings

    * Input:

        * Analog Device Line Interface-

        * 600 Ohm input impedance

        * VOX and contact closure input

  Subject: [cisco-voip] Need a Intercom/Paging solution.
  Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:47:41 +1000

  Good morning all.

  I need to come up with a cost effective solution.

  I am running CCM 4.2(3).

  I was thinking of making a 2nd line for all my IP Phones at the
  site and auto answer but CCM does not support that.
  I am now thinking of purchasing half a dozen small ceiling mount
  speakers, a decent Amplifier and then get an IP Phone, identify
  which pins on the 'headset port' are for the speaker (back of the
  phone), wire up a RCA socket and hook that into my Amp.
  This will allow 'integration' of our Intercom/Paging System into
  IPTEL...

  Anybody else got a better idea ?

  Thanks and Regards,

  James Liakos