[cisco-voip] Unity 5.x Spanish voice prompts

ROZA, Ariel Ariel.ROZA at LA.LOGICALIS.COM
Tue Aug 5 09:18:08 EDT 2008

People,

	When installing Unity in Latin America, the best set of prompts to install is the Spanish (Colombia) Set (Español Colombiano, or ES-CO) The Spanish (Spain) locale sounds just too weird for us.

Best Regards,

	Ariel.

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Jonathan Charles
Sent: Domingo, 27 de Julio de 2008 11:17 a.m.
To: Adam
Cc: cisco-voip
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Unity 5.x Spanish voice prompts

We just did a site in Mexico and the users complained they couldn't understand some of the prompts... They eventually figured em out...
but I think the problem is that it is Castillian Spanish, whereas in Mexico they speak a version of Spanish that has a decent amount of Aztec Nahuatl mated in.

Cisco needs to re-record these prompts for Mexican Spanish as a separate language pack.

As a side note, the same thing happened when we loaded the localizations into CallManager... the users were making fun of it (like it was some weird cockney version of Spanish)... of course, our trainer was actually from Spain and they couldn't understand him either (he said they were the ones who spoke funny...)

Jonathan