[cisco-voip] Newbie question- pls save me

Norton, Mike mikenorton at pwsd76.ab.ca
Fri Aug 8 13:15:09 EDT 2008

Is the router connected to a PBX trunk port or a PBX station port? From
your description ("I expect the Router1 should send a dial tone"), it
sounds like you want to use the router off a trunk port. But if that's
the case, you have the wrong type of interface in your router - you need
to use an FXS interface if you want it to provide dialtone.

--
Mike Norton
I.T. Support