[cisco-voip] 6.1.2-1000-13 BAT Phones Export - All Details then try to Import fails with Intercom Default Activated

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Sun Aug 10 22:30:19 EDT 2008

Below are details relating to Intercom/BAT that gave me a 3 hour
headache this weekend and may help someone else out later on, I could
not find a way to Bulk associate the Default Activated Device (Intercom)
Maybe CSCsk96399

I needed to update the Line 1 Display (Internal Caller ID) for about 200
7931 phones, so I Export Phones All Details for 7931s,then Import Phones
All Details failed to set the Intercom - Default Activated Devices.  I
had to manually touch all 200 phones and set the Intercom Directory
Number settings - Default Activated Device field. I had Intercom working
before the Export but the Import broke it.

BAT import gave this error "SEP0021D8BA294C SEP0021D8BA294C is not a
valid device" for all 20 phones (showing each phones unique mac) Default
Activated Device" (Under Line > Intercom Directory Number Settings in
CCMAdmin)

Course after the install I found this bug CSCso87406 with workaround;

Symptoms:

Insert Phones - All details fails with error:

"SEP0018195AA8F9 SEP0018195AA8F9 is not a valid device Result Summary "

Conditions:

This can occur when trying to insert a device with 'All Details' and the
Default Activated Device is assigned on an intercom line of the device.

Workaround:

Get a specially formatted file from TAC, and then perform these steps:

1. Remove the Intercom Line from the phone insert first

2. Upload the file using "Insert Phones - All Details" after modifying
it as needed

3. Insert the file selecting the "Override Existing Configuration"
checkbox.

Jason Aarons

Consultant

Dimension Data

E-mail ::jason.aarons at us.didata.com

Mobile :: +1-904-338-3245 e-fax :: +1-904-339-9696

http://www.dimensiondata.com <http://www.us.didata.com>

Plan.Build.Support & Manage

For urgent issues notify your Project Manager, for 24x7 support contact
the Dimension Data NOC at +1-800-974-6584 or Cisco TAC at
+1-800-553-2447.

http://www.dimensiondata.com/Solutions/ConvergedCommunications/

Disclaimer:

from your computer. Thank you.