[cisco-voip] IPCC Ext - Listening In

Tammie Robertson trobertson at alliedmachine.com
Tue Aug 19 15:58:56 EDT 2008

Seems like a simple request but I cant find a way to make it work. We
have new hires in our call center and want the new hires to be able to
just listen in on calls between customers and other agents. In the old
days we used the Y connector with Plantronics headsets. No we use
wireless headsets so that connector obviously wont work.

I have thought of a few ways that it should work but I cant get it to
work.  For example - put the extension of agent on the new hires phone
but it just comes up with a dial tone, wont connect to the call in
progress.  Also some sort of Meet Me Meeting where the new hire could
dial into the number but since the original call doesn't come in that
way also, I doubt this will work.  I could make the new hires
supervisors and add the supervisor to their desktop but I don't really
want to go that route.

Any other ideas?