[cisco-voip] Newbie: FXS ports on 2600/2811 not working

john edwards voicenerd at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 22 22:15:11 EDT 2008

Hi,

Got a newbie question for everyone - I have googled like crazy and
spent hours trying to fix it, but I'm not making any headway. But, I
have the feeling that I am missing something VERY simple.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I have a 2600 router and a VIC-2FXS card, but I can't get a dial-tone
on the second port.

My config is very simple:

voice-port 1/0/0
  cptone GB
!
voice-port 1/0/1
  cptone GB
!

Also, I notice that when I pick up the phone attached to the first
port (1/0/0), the green light next to the 1/0/1 port lights (1/0/0
doesn't), and the 'show voice call summary' command shows that port
1/0/1 rather than 1/0/0 is off hook!!!!

Does anyone know what the answer to this might be? Any hints and tips?

(By the way, I also tried this with a 2811 with a VIC2-2FXS card with
the above config, and got the same result!).

Thanks,

Voicenerd.